Welcome! If you’re looking for an editor who offers a combination of experience and value, you’ve come to the right place!
Serviam Editing provides affordable copy editing and proofreading services for the following:
- Blog posts and website content
- Full-length book manuscripts (fiction and nonfiction)
- Emails, social-media posts, and newsletters for businesses/organizations
- Book proposals
- Church bulletins and/or “Pastor’s Page” columns
About Serviam Editing
I am a professional editor and proofreader with more than 20 years of experience in the newspaper, magazine, and book industries. I have a journalism degree from the University of Missouri School of Journalism as well as experience teaching college-level journalism courses.
I am an expert in AP Style and Chicago Manual of Style. Earlier in my career I worked full time for newspapers and magazines (Christianity Today, Chicago Tribune, National Catholic Register), and for the past several years I have also worked as a freelance book copy editor and proofreader (Ave Maria Press, independent authors).
I have a passion for meeting deadlines, and I go through every article or manuscript I edit with a fine-toothed comb to ensure accuracy in grammar, style, spelling, and syntax. Whether you need copy editing or proofreading for a blog post, magazine article, or book manuscript, I want to make your writing smooth and brilliant!
Contact me and you will receive a reply within 24 hours. Thank you for considering Serviam Editing!
If you desire a distinctly Catholic editor for your writing, Serviam Editing guarantees an editor who:
- Is a practicing Catholic, faithful to the teachings of the magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.
- Has many years of experience in Catholic publishing, including newspapers, magazines, and book publishers.
- Is familiar with Catholic devotions, terminology, and Church documents.
- Follows Catholic style guides, including Catholic News Service style guidelines.